Tuesday, March 8, 2011

2011 Goals

Hi all,

After I began the process of turning Predators of Darkness into a screenplay, I was appalled at all the errors I discovered in my novel.  A lot of these were supposed to be corrected in my galleys, and sadly, many of the remaining ones were due to using Microsoft Works instead of Microsoft Word.  Now, I'm a devoted Word user and see the handicap of not having it while writing PoD.  Needless to say, I promptly pulled the novel from sales to prevent further embarrassment.

I anticipate the revised edition of Predators of Darkness: Aftermath to be released by this summer.  The new edition is tighter and more in depth than the original.  Also, I've changed a lot of elements involved that foreshadow events in Beyond the Darkness and The Game of Pawns.  The new edition will be available on Kindle and in paperback format.

My Deimosweb website should be up and running again by the time Predators of Darkness: Aftermath becomes available.

Ann Linden and I are almost finished with the screenplay for Predators of Darkness.  Without her help and editing, I know this project wouldn't have happened.  Now, again, more hunting and searching for an agent/movie producer.  I am excited and hope we get a director to make this dark novel into a movie.  Many have expressed their hope in seeing the same.  Fingers, lots of fingers, are crossed.

I plan to attend a few writers conferences this year for the first time.  Not sure which I will choose, but I will post once I know.  Once "Aftermath" is in print, I plan to start locally to promote my novels.  I want to schedule Meet and Greet: Q&A at libraries, books stores (used and new), and get online and radio interviews.

Currently, I'm working on the fourth book in the series, Death's Valley.  Some new twists and turns, and believe me, you'll be as surprised as I am about some of the developments.  As things unfold right now, I do see book five in the future as well.

New ideas came to me a few weeks ago for two short stories or possible additions to my dark fantasy works.  Finding time is an issue, but as ideas come, I write them down.  I've learned the hard way.  If you don't write down sentences or ideas that intrigue you, you will forget them.  Muses seldom repeat themselves.

I greatly appreciate all of you, my reading fans.  Without you, I'd still be writing, but it wouldn't be near as fun.  Please tell your reading friends to join me.  Upcoming contests in the near future!

Cheers,

Leonard D. Hilley II

No comments:

Post a Comment