Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shifting Gears

As many of you know, my son left for his first year of college last Friday, and for my wife and I, this has been an adjustment of separation anxiety on our part.  He's having the time of his life and enjoys his classes, instructors, and probably the independence a young man needs.  So, to keep my mind occupied, I decided to change things up a bit.

For the past three days I've been moving my office so I can become more productive.  The biggest labor involved was disassembling my L-shaped desk in order to move it, which at first was something I dreaded.  However, the process of sorting through all my papers inside the desk was like finding a treasure chest buried in the sand.  So many ideas that I had jotted down over the years and simply had forgotten about are now filed for quick access.  If only I could clone myself so I could work on the vast number of projects I eagerly want to write.  At least they are no longer "lost" to me.

I am about 75% finished with Death's Valley at the moment.  With all the discoveries I found while cleaning and moving, a new dilemma emerges: What to work on next?  Whatever is chosen, I do hope it is something you will enjoy reading.

Best,

Leonard D. Hilley II

No comments:

Post a Comment